Monday, July 5, 2010

New trip: South of France Summer 2010

9 months since I last posted on this blog. I had written about my travels to Spain and France in the autumn of 2009. It was a great trip and I've spent the last 9 months enjoying my family and friends on the West Coast.

Before I left on that trip on a whim I posted my house on a house exchange website. Right away I had a bunch of hits and decided to be picky and wait for the right one. Before long I had an inquiry from an American couple who live in a tiny village in Languedoc near Pezenas. The husband works 2 months twice a year at Stanford and his wife joins him in the summer. So they were interested in trading houses and cars for July/August 2010. They came by and saw my house before they returned to France and I was able to visit them while I was traveling in the area last November. I decided to bring my dog, Angel, with me and we are making ourselves at home here in Abeilhan. Check it out on google maps and you'll see where we are.

I've actually been here now for just over week but haven't had a chance to post because so much has been going on. Today is my first day here by myself so it's a good time to catch up. I'll break it up into what seemed to fit for me as to what's happened since I left home.

No comments:

Post a Comment