Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Just me and the dogs







Yesterday was my first day here all by myself - oops I take that back - just me and three (yes three) dogs. I brought my Angel with me and Mel and Sharon have two - Jake and Mollie. All three are geriatric so we go on very slow walks. I was all set not to like Jake and Mollie much but actually I've gotten fond of both of them.








Jake is 14 and I think he is deaf. He mostly just lays around but tries to stay near me. He gets excited twice a day when he gets to eat. He is a rather strange looking mixed breed - chihuahua (sp?), dachshound, and like corgie. His legs are really, really short. Mollie is a bit overweight pug. She breaths heavy any time she moves much. She is 12 years old. She is actually very sweet and follows me everywhere I go inside the house. She sleeps next to my bed. My dog, Angel, is almost 10 years old but she is very active. These days she is on estrogen and it has made her very interested in male dogs (particularly if they aren't "fixed") she gets very excited runs around in circles begging to be chased. Three dogs is a bit much particularly if you try to walk all three at the same time but they are keeping me good company.


Yesterday I did all my weekly chores here - changed the beds, did the wash (took all day because the dryer takes hours to dry one load), gave Jake a bath, etc. Today I am thinking I'll take a drive up to the "mountains" and take Angel with me. Since it is so hot here I've been leaving her home when I go out because I can't leave her in the car. At home she usually goes with me when I do errands. I think she misses going because a couple of days ago she managed to get into the car while it was in the garage and she refused to get out. I pulled so hard on her leash trying to dislodge her that her harness came off.
















2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Barbara,

    Love the writing you've been doing on your blog, some of it very humerous (esp the dogs), and the rest reads like a great travel novel. Can't wait to hear more. Glad to hear you've hit your stride and are into full vacation mode!

    ~ Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barbara,
    I'm pleased to see the blog is going again and so glad Jake and Molly turned out to be your new pals!

    ReplyDelete