Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Back to the Countryside

Jeudi (Thursday) July 15

Our train from Paris was at 11:20 am – a very civilized hour. We have really adapted to the Paris lifestyle. Sleep late, a café at 10 am, lunch around 1 pm, dinner 10 pm, to bed at midnight. We had plenty of time for café at our favorite nearby coffee place, Café Cubana. Got a cab to Gare Lyon. One slight complication was getting Angel on the train. On the way down to Beziers and back to Paris there had been no problem. However, this time they insisted that she must board the train in “a bag” or I would have to pay full (human) fare for her. Normally I would have had her traveling kennel suitcase but I had left it Abeilhan trying to “lighten my load”. As a result MaryAnn and I bought some makeup at a shop at the train station and then asked them for a giant size plastic bag. That was fine but Angel was not to happy to be put in a plastic bag (smart dog). The train ride was just fine and we got to Abeilhan before 4 pm.

It was good to be “home” in my little village. I love Paris but I was ready to be back to the country life.

No comments:

Post a Comment