Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A drive up the gorge

Yesterday (Tuesday) I took a drive up a river gorge into the mountains. It turns out I didn't really get all that far but it sure was beautiful. There is a lot further to go and I will do that when I have company to go with me. As it was I just took Angel along as she seems to really miss accompanying me when I leave the house. Of course it was so hot I couldn't leave her in the car when meant 1) I couldn't go swim in the river, 2) only short walks permitted as it was just real, real hot (probably 92 to 95) and, I couldn't go investigate the many interesting places along the way (e.g., many caves). Oh well I will save that till next time.

The drive was amazing. Very beautiful geological formations, a beautiful river dammed in many places, quaint little towns, and so many people enjoying themselves swimming and canoing. This is definitely a summer place. It has been so long since I've experienced this kind of thing I'd really forgotten what a great season summer is. San Francisco is beautiful and I'm very glad I live there but summer in San Francisco is well, its cold and damp (just like the song says).

No comments:

Post a Comment