Friday, October 16, 2009

Thursday in Barcelona


















I arrived in Barcelona on Wednesday night. When my plane from SFO was scheduled to leave we were at the zenith of a major rain and windstorm. We sat on the runway for over an hour and then returned to the gate. I knew we were going to have a major delay when they give us an energy bar to eat. Finally left 3 hours late and of course missed the connection in Frankfurt. So I waited there another 4 hours waiting for a flight to Barcelona. The good news was that it was late enough in Barcelona I got my "second wind" and went out for a late dinner, came back to the hotel and slept until 10 am thereby avoiding jet lag entirely.


I spent Thursday seeing Guadi - first Sagrada Familia and then Parc Guell. Both are amazing. First Sagrada Familia:

Note: I am having some problems figuring out how to format so just bare with me. Later I will make this look better. Can't seem to figure out how to move text and pictures. Above are pictures of the Sagrada Familia. This is the Cathedral that Gaudi started 100 years ago. It was only just begun in his lifetime. It is still under construction and won't be completed even though they are now using very modern technology. The last picture shows a workman very high up in one of the towers. You take an elevator up there after waiting in line for 1 1/2 hours. It was definitely worth it though.







1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you made it out on Tuesday...we were all thinking of you that day and hoping that you would get out of SFO...the pictures are amazing...looking forward to following your trip with you and others!

    ReplyDelete