Monday, August 23, 2010

Collouire Mob Scene




Monday Aug 16
We drove to Collouire thinking Monday would be less crowded. Wrong!!! It was their annual festival and we couldn’t even drive into the town to drop off our stuff. We had to park at the top of the hill and walk about 1 mile downhill to the harbor. I thought it had been crowded when MaryAnn Wolcott and I went. This time it was jammed. We did walk around, swam and sat on the most crowded beach I’ve ever been on. Even in the water it was shoulder to shoulder. When it was time to leave we found that the promised shuttle to the top wasn’t working but I found a taxi and for 8 Euros we were delivered to our car at the top. This is probably the best spent 10 Euros of the trip. Then drove home and vowed not to drive a distance again for a few days.

Not my favorite day. I won't come back in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment